Sunday, February 27, 2011

Mello Yello

I was waiting in the car with the boys the other night as my sweet husband 
ran into the grocery store to get a few items, when Hayden said 
"Hey, Mom, there's cans of Mello Yello sitting out in front of the store!" 
My response to him was "Really? There is no way that they have Mello Yello, 
they don't sell that out here, it must be Squirt." 
Well, lo and behold, my little angel was correct!! 
There really was a huge display of Mello Yello!!

I moved to CA in 1993 and find it hard to believe that after 17 1 /2 years of waiting, my favorite soda of all times has finally made it's way to the grocery stores here on the West Coast! 


Thank you to
and 

We take a road trip in our van to Tennessee every other summer to visit family & friends, 
and one of the things we always bring home with us is about 10 cases of Mello Yello. 
We ration it very carefully between the boys and me in hopes that 
we can make those 10 cases last for 2 years until we head to TN again. 
Crazy huh!?! 

Well, now there will be no more extreme measures taken to make sure that those 
10 cases last for 2 years!

1 comment:

  1. that is so funny to me...I was raised in TN and did not even realize that there was no Mello Yello in Ca until my friend posted a pic of a can she just purchased yesterday in Sacramento. She was like 'what is this'? I said 'ur kidding, right?' After Googling I see this whole bring Mello Yello to CA campaign...funny. Glad u got ur drink...hope it tastes the same. U think ur gonna get burned out on it now that u can get it anytime u want?

    ReplyDelete