Thursday, November 11, 2010

Another Precious Treasure!

There's been tons of excitement lately in our home! 


Why all the excitement? 


We are adopting a precious 4 year old boy from China! 



Back in March, my good friend Stacy over at My Cup Overfloweth, asked me if we would pray about adopting a young boy from the same orphanage that her family was in the process of adopting from. After several months of praying, we really felt like God was calling us to bring Kaden home to join our family! 


So, on Friday, October 29th we called our adoption agency and told them YES! Right away they sent us paperwork to begin the process to bring our precious son home, and by late that evening we emailed our first round of paperwork back to them. By early Wednesday morning, just 4 1/2 days later, we received our pre-approval from China! 


We are working on our home study paperwork and will hopefully begin our dossier paperwork later this week. Our prayer is that we will be able to travel by sometime in June, or sooner, to bring our precious treasure home. Our family would greatly appreciate your prayers through our exciting journey!

7 comments:

  1. Congratz on your exciting news and this wonderful addition to your family. Will be praying that it all continues to move just as quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and welcome to the adoption community! =)

    My husband and I are in the process of adopting a three year old little boy from Ethiopia. I look forward to seeing your adoption journey unfold!

    God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I am so excited for you guys. We are also adopting again. My husband and I are looking over some files! We will keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your announcement! He is soooo cute! Cant wait to follow your story!
    God Bless,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been praying for a family for Kaden since Stacy first posted Zhu's picture. We are also adopting from China, but feel the Lord has a girl for us. Praise God for your faithfulness in listening to His voice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how exciting! Can I be there when this one comes home?? Won't quite be the same as the other births but great fun none the less. Praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so grateful that Kaden(Zhu) will now have his forever family. He probably will never know the special way he has touched my family in particular. When Stacy first posted Zhu's picture, months ago now, my heart was so pricked for him. My husband actually agreed to let us host a little girl from Taiwan last summer, because he saw how much I wanted to adopt, but was not comfortable adopting without meeting the child first. Needless to say, we fell in love with our little guest from Taiwan and cannot picture our family without her. We are now in the process of adopting her, and it all started with your very special son, Kaden. I love the way God works! The work of his hand and his love is overwhelming to me. Congratulations on the new addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete